8.20.2008

Hot Mess

Nothing says I’m not ready to have kids like staring into a microwaved diaper. While ten maternal woman shoved their noses into a series of Huggies, trying to work out which timeless chocolate bar had been nuked for the baby shower, I decided it was the perfect time for a bathroom break. Unfortunately, the sniffing and sorting took longer than the ten minutes I was able to kill in the bathroom reading National Geographic. No longer able to avoid taking a whiff of candied poo, I stuck my nose near the edge of Huggies Snug and Dry, but was quickly distracted by thoughts of lost youth. Picking out candy bars at the local 7-Eleven had been a great childhood pastime. But now, we were melting sweets into diapers in a quiet attempt to prepare for the next chapter in life. And yet, as I clinched the low score on the diaper game at my friend's baby shower, I was reminded that candy bars aren’t the only things you can freeze. At least until you’re ready.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freeze away because I can tell you sniffing the real deal is not so sweet. Thanks for your new post - you always provide a welcome laugh between diaper changes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god that's a new one for me ! And I've been around for a while . Hope the one you had to sniff was from Paris or some exotic land .

Anonymous said...

well now I've heard of everything. I'm with you freeze it , candy , sperm ,eggs . Just don't but it in a diaper.

Anonymous said...

There's only one thing that can turn me off chocolate ... diapers!

Anonymous said...

Thats an insight into the land of lady I'm glad I never have to experience first hand. Melting a chocolate bar is sacrilegious enough to start with, but to waste on that... eww...

Anonymous said...

Did they get you drunk before the game? After the game? Or none of the above?

Anonymous said...

Yummm, I love the taste of a nice, frozen egg...preferably over easy. PS. Babies can be such assholes sometimes. Eh, who am I kidding? They are assholes all of the time ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the freezing process, sister. Let's pump on the brakes!

KK said...

you know what i say - freeze 'em until HELL freezes over! oops...did i just say that out loud??? oooohhhh goo goo, ga ga - oh who am i kidding - freeze 'em until HELL freezes over.

or better yet - go buy yourself a copy of "What to Expect When You're Not Expecting"...did someone say FREEDOM!

Anonymous said...

I feel like a hot mess. Maybe I need to have a kid or two to stop me from drinking so much over the weekends.

Anonymous said...

If I stick my face in the freezer, will the wrinkles come off?

Anonymous said...

I'm Nuts for "Nuts!"

Anonymous said...

Ha... what a great post. it always does annoyt me when people think you MUST HAVE A BABY NOW... yeeshh.. love the babies but hey... out world can do a lot these days..lol. great blog you have would love if you would check out mine at rltroxell.blogspot.com
thanks randi